October 19, 2007

A quick update

I didn't think that I had watched many movies in the last few months, but I had knocked off a few more movies off of my 'want to see' list.

  • The Queen - I love everything about this movie. 5/5 . The Oscar DEFINITELY deserved to go to Helen Mirren.
  • Take the Lead - eh. Poor kids dancing. There are other movies that are bettter. 2/5
  • One Night with the King - Awful. 1/5 (can I give it a "please don't see this movie?")
  • The Prestige - Very Very good. Great suspense, and can you ask for a better cast? When you see it for the second time, it's even better. 4.5/5
  • Flyboys - blah. 2.5/5
  • A Good Year - I forgot that I had seen this one. That's how memorable it was. I'm sure it was better than I give it credit, but I'd have to watch it with another person to revisit it. 2.5/5
  • Elisabeth, The Golden Age - Cate Blanchett is Fabulous, though a few too many "beautiful" shots inserted simply for "beauty." 3.5/5 (I LOVE the first movie, Elisabeth, The Virgin Queen. See this movie!)

No comments: